Monday, August 3, 2009

Crossing

Lake Michigan, MI & WI--Current aboard the SS Badger, crossing Lake MI from Ludington, MI, to Manitowoc, WI. Apart from yesterday's kayaking, it's my first time on a Great Lake. They're enormous. It's incredible--they look like the ocean but, you know, aren't. The ocean (I'm going to continue to think of this as the ocean, and to expedite thought will continue to call it that as well) seems to me a terrific spot to write--music, a journal, stories, even the vaguest sketchings, to simply record. It is, in a way, everything at once. It figures in everything. You perceive distance and scale in disproportionate and sometimes terrifying ways.

Here my journal ended for the day, and I can't very well go back and add anything, so I'll let it stand by itself.

No comments: