Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In Which the Sun and My Brain Get in a Fight; And the Victor is Clear

Monticello, MN--I might have another post waiting in my journal but I don't think so. I'm pretty tired. I'm too lazy right now to recap the events of yesterday but they can be found on Eve's blog; today's events have thus far been limited to putting the kayak in the Mississippi in Sartell, MN and finishing the day eight hours and 35 miles later, here in Monticello (according to Wikipedia, this town is named literally from the Italian, “little mountain” or something, but I think we all know to whose house they were actually referring (and Jon, before you go looking this up, it's Thomas Jefferson's)). Basically the current was so strong (by the way, Sauk Rapids is the first place named “____ Rapids” to actually have rapids, and they were awesome) that I decided to go an extra eight miles past where I was planning on stopping, which would already have put me at like 27 miles which is as far as I've gone yet. So needless to say I'm pretty fried, and surprising unexhilarated. Which is why I'm going to stop about here for now. I'll write more tomorrow but this'll have to just tide you over for now. If you're bored, google “bear trampoline”; and if you've already seen it, go outside. It's a beautiful day.

2 comments:

JStone said...

C'mon, I at least know my US history.

Mac said...

That's not US history, that's Thomas Jefferson's personal history and it wouldn't make a whit of difference if he had lived at a house called Yu-No-Tod. But I'm sorry, congratulations Jon!