Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Outfitted

Minneapolis, MN--Enjoying these last throes of Internet access and preparing (logistically, mentally, technically) for the trip.  I have little idea if it's going to go absolutely according to plan or if the kayak will prove impossible to navigate and the bike will break and the campsites will all be either very expensive or overrun.  On one hand I'm tremendously excited and on the other I feel a little anxiety creeping in but I'm confident it will dissipate when we finally arrive at Itasca.  We're going to spend a few days paddling around the lake and learning to judge distance from observation to map and back, and doing various other things.

Tonight we'll be doing various small logistical things and tomorrow driving up to Lake Itasca State Park to putter around for a few days.  I have absolutely no idea what kind of connectivity will be possible, so I might not post for a few days or more, but I will write blog entries and then at some point post them all at once, in order, so be on the lookout for stuff like that.  Pretty tired tonight, and various other things to do so will sign off for now and maybe write more later.

No comments: